Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Northern Michigan In Focus: Waiting on Rocks for Boats - 9&10 News

What started out years ago as a college project just finished this year.

It’s a book filled with reflection of lessons learned through big and small moments.

Corey Adkins explains in this week’s Northern Michigan in Focus.

“This is Waiting on Rocks for Boats. This is my first public work, this is a poetic memoir. It’s a series of poems and stories on a timeline. It’s a nod to truth and chronology. Human perspective and change and lessons learned through big and small moments,” said Paige VanSice.

It’s now 2020 and change may be on your mind. Paige Vansice, from Bellaire, may be able to help with her poetic memoir.

“They spoke about freedom talked into pencil skirts,

when they had no choice that sounded like freedom.

But Dogma not does not decide when we rise from what is tucked.

Rise, to brighten time with what’s battened innards.

I was Clay, a new babe,

and a pressure for juice and orange knows,

led self through the dark as though it’s saw.”

That’s about feeling trapped.

“Thinking that you’re free and realizing you are not but it’s easy to push down past and emotions and use food and guilt as sort of a mechanism but certainly it takes more than that,” said Paige.

“The complication with perception is that

we are are complicated and we perceive.

The heat from our fire,

start of the chain.

 I tone bit by bit to match my insides

good as new,

survival of a manic.

And then I ask myself,

is it thick,

that our skin is supposed to be

when we are tough?

Because I cannot remember if I’m acting tough or that I am actually tough.

Because it is meant to penetrate thick skin.

The years that have aged me,

I see it in eyes,

and in ways I see Truth,

in ways I see October,

trees like raging oceans,

losing leaves to the Sea.”

Sometimes having thick skin can be a prison.

“That to me is an interesting meaning I think we think that having tough skin is best so nothing gets to us but I think that part of having tough skin is letting those walls fall and I even experienced take you and change you. I don’t necessarily think tough skin is the be-all I think we need to break down barriers and be a little vulnerable to experience things and then change from them,” said Paige.

“Because we patched like we cannot have holes, like they do not help to filter.

Gold from soil, a rock from its hard place.

We edit as procedure,

blanket to cover,

sugar to sweeten.

But cavities undetected, still the rot

no whitening can make bright.”

And sometimes hiding things can be hurtful to yourself.

“Probably goes without saying but let yourself have holes let there be filters and let yourself find truth and be of Truth. Don’t worry about sweetening and covering and blanketing. Certainly shedding layers to find truth,” said Paige.

Waiting on rocks for boats is a short easy read but it might be the perfect tool for someone looking for the inspiration to change.

“The takeaway should be to follow your truth that you are yours and you create your situation and you can absolutely recover an experience from them. Reflect on yourself and know what’s best for you I know that you own your own truth,” said Paige.

 

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"waiting" - Google News
January 02, 2020 at 06:04AM
https://ift.tt/2Fcxsyw

Northern Michigan In Focus: Waiting on Rocks for Boats - 9&10 News
"waiting" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2oFixIf
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment